Best free web hosting services 2020 | free web hosting 2020
Best free web hosting services 2020 : You’re ready to launch your first website, but it needs good hosting first. The accommodation comes in different shapes and sizes, and you may be just looking for a temporary home for the time being, before committing to a long-term accommodation package. Where available, free hosting is a great place to start.
There are many completely free hosting solutions, and while some are relatively limited, others are fairly generous in terms of the offer. Some offer you the option of adding paid extras, such as email or technical support.
If you are looking for a free host, you should be careful. Indeed, some free hosts will invade your ads website, which will show that it is free. Other limitations may include limited storage, lower speed, and performance issues. The last thing you want is a website that is regularly unavailable due to downtime.
Some free hosts even try to minimize their expenses by compromising your security with low-end servers or outdated software. So it’s important to know whom you can really trust.
In order to save you from lengthy searches, our experts have rigorously tested dozens of free web hosting solutions and listed the top five totally free web hosting providers.
The elements we look for in the best free web hosting solutions
When we test free web hosting solutions, the features we are looking for are:
- 100% ad-free hosting. Even if your budget doesn’t allow you to purchase premium hosting, you need a website that doesn’t look free with advertising everywhere.
- Sufficient storage and bandwidth for a simple website. You should be confident that you have enough storage space and that your website will not experience downtime due to insufficient bandwidth.
- Installation of WordPress and other CMS. Basic website creators are useful for some purposes, but may not be enough for your site. Your free host should offer easy installation of more advanced applications, including WordPress.
- Easy to manage control panels. Your hosting should make it easier to manage your files and other aspects of your web hosting space through a control panel such as cPanel.
000webhost offers free, reliable, secure hosting with enough storage space and bandwidth to create your professional blog or website. The supplier aims to be suitable for beginners and promises a 100% ad-free service.
Setting up a website is simple, with a wizard to guide you through the process. You can choose to use the included website creator, download an existing website, or install WordPress.
If you use 000webhost, your website will be hosted as a subdomain (for example, 000webhostapp.com), which can make it look unprofessional. If you want a custom domain, you can buy one via Hostinger in your 000webhost dashboard.
Although domains are relatively inexpensive, a paid plan (via Hostinger) will allow you to get one for free.
What you get with the free version :
Although 000webhost’s free plan does not offer the advanced features of a premium plan (such as automatic backups), the included features are more than enough to create a basic blog or professional website. The free package includes:
- 10 GB of bandwidth and 1 GB of disk space. This is more than enough for setting up your website, as long as you don’t plan to upload any video files, for example.
- One-click installation of applications. Quickly add more than 50 apps, including WordPress, to your webspace for maximum flexibility.
- Free SSL protection. If your website is hosted on a 000webhost subdomain, you are automatically covered by the SSL certificate. Your website will display the trusted padlock/seal in the address bar, ensuring your visitors that all data entered is encrypted and protected.
Unlike other free hosts, such as free hosting, you cannot add additional functionality to your free plan. In fact, your only option is to switch to a paid plan. While the prices for paid plans are cheap, it can be frustrating to have to upgrade for just one feature, such as email or backups.
What you get with a paid plan
- Paid plans from 000webhost are really cheap (starting at less than $ 1 per month) but give you access to a host of additional features, including:
- At least 10 times the allocation of disk space and bandwidth
- Weekly backups
- 24/7 live technical assistance
- Email accounts
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Free domain (as part of the premium package)
- Unlimited number of websites, disk space, bandwidth and email (premium plan)
- 30-day money-back guarantee
When should you upgrade to a paid plan?
If you regularly reach what 000webhost calls “danger zone” or “critical zone” in your monthly quota, it’s time to switch to a professional plan. 000webhost gives you an overview of the bandwidth and storage you have used. Therefore, you will be able to easily detect the need for an upgrade, if any.
- cPanel? Yes – free cPanel included
- CMS installer? One-click installation tool with over 50 options, including WordPress
- Free SSL Certificate – covered by 000webhost’s own SSL
free hosting is distinguished by the plethora of free features offered. With hundreds of applications such as WordPress and Joomla that can be installed in one click and more technical features such as managing Apache / PHP7, FreeHosting offers premium features without paying a single penny.
Unlike many free web hosting providers, FreeHosting does not assign you a subdomain (for example, freehosting.com/yourusername). This has both advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, your website will look more professional with your own domain name, but on the other hand, domain names come at an additional cost.
What you get with the free version
free hosting is one of the most feature-rich free hosting options on our list. The free package includes:
- Unmetered bandwidth. Although Free Hosting asks you to comply with its Fair Use Policy, this is a pretty standard procedure with web hosts offering ‘unlimited’ bandwidth, and there are actually very few restrictions.
- 10 GB of disk space. This is a really generous allocation of disk space (10 times more than that offered by 000webhost).
- Softaculous automatic installer. You have access to over 480 web applications that can be installed on your site in no time. That’s almost 10 times the number of apps offered by 000webhost.
- An email account. You get a single email address email@example.com, with the option to purchase additional email addresses as add-ons. Spam control and guaranteed delivery are also included with the free email address.
The main limitation of free hosting is that you cannot try it without purchasing a domain name. Unless you already have a domain name hosted elsewhere, that means you have to pay to get started. However, domain names are cheap, and the additional functionality you get with FreeHosting may be worth it.
What you get with a paid plan
With free hosting, you have two options if you want to upgrade your web hosting. You can either opt for a paid plan (which includes additional features), or add additional features to your free plan as paid add-ons.
Exclusive features of the paid plan:
- Web Statistics
- Extensive resources
- Additional mailboxes
- Additional MySQL database
- Additional technical assistance
- SSL certificate
- MultiPHP – choose the PHP version used by your hosting space
When should you upgrade to a paid plan?
There are so many features included in the paid plan that you may wonder if you need to wager again. However, if you want to gain the trust of your website visitors, an SSL certificate is essential. Therefore, this is an upgrade that you should seriously consider.
- cPanel? Yes
- CMS installer? Softaculous installer with over 480 applications, including WordPress
- SSL certificate You can add an SSL certificate as an add-on to your free plan.
If you’re looking for a free, high-speed web hosting solution, GoogieHost offers Cloud Linux hosting for added speed and stability. To further boost your performance, you can add the Cloudflare CDN (Content Delivery Network) to your website for free when you register.
Like 000webhost, GoogieHost uses subdomains for free web hosting. However, you can buy your own domain for a more professional appearance. If you decide to use the subdomain, you can choose between two different domains: examples-Domaine.cu.ma or examples-Domaine.thats.im.
What you get with the free version ?
- Many features are included in the free GoogieHost plan, including:
- Customer assistance. While most free hosts do not offer customer support to free users, the GoogieHost support team will be happy to help you resolve any issues you may have.
- 1 GB of SSD storage. Faster and more stable than traditional hard drive storage, SSD storage can further boost the speed and performance of your website.
- Unlimited bandwidth. The traffic you can receive is unlimited. In addition, GoogieHost includes a 100 Mbps uplink, so your website can easily handle many visitors at once.
- Free business emails. Create a professional email address for your business to make a good impression on your customers.
- Softaculous automatic installer. Quickly and easily add apps like WordPress to your website. You have access to over 300 different applications with this installer.
- Free SSL. Your website is automatically protected by the GoogieHost SSL certificate.